Off! Backyard Bug Control Pretreat is an insecticide used to kill mosquitos. You might be concerned about your local bee population, however. With any option for killing pests, you have ask yourself if your choice of insecticide will be harmful to other creatures.
In this article, we’ll go over if Off! Backyard Bug Control Pretreat kills bees and how to safely use this product to keep bees safe.
The short of it is Off! Bug Control is highly toxic to bees and infected bees that survive back to the hive can wipe out the entire hive as a result of the toxic levels of Off! Bug Control.
Can Off! Backyard Bug Control Pretreat Spray Kill Bees?
Yes, Off! Backyard Bug Control Pretreat spray is highly toxic to bees and can wipe out a hive if an infected bee returns to the colony.
Be careful spraying this product in areas where bees are thriving.
The Pros and Cons of Using Off! Backyard Bug Control Pretreat Spray to Kill Insects
You’ll want to consider the pros and cons of using an insecticide in your backyard before purchasing one like Off! or a similar brand.
- Protects against mosquitos and insects throughout your backyard
- Can cover up to 16,000 sqft.
- Works for up to 8 weeks
- Is toxic to bees and pets
- Highly toxic to fish
- If swallowed or inhaled, advised to call a poison center for assistance
How Can I Avoid Killing Bees When Using Off! Bug Spray Products?
Because Off! bug spray is toxic to bees, it’s best to spray at night and not to directly spray blooming flowers that bees will pollinate.
By spraying at night and away from flowers, you’ll decrease the likelihood of poisoning the bee population.
When you’re looking to get rid of mosquitos and other pests in your backyard, Off! Backyard Bug Control spray is a great choice, however, be sure to employ safe methods of application to avoid hurting bees in your area as bees are an important part of a healthy ecosystem.